Newsfeed of the course
Link to Moodle for the course.
You can find the course description here.
Location and Time
Tuesday 2.00pm-5.15pm, room Q110 or Q205 (we will usually start in room Q110).
2011-10-18: Essential Activities, Variability Modeling
2011-10-25: Scoping, and Requirements Engineering
2011-11-01: public holiday (All Saints' Day)
2011-11-08: Architecture, Economics, Quality Assurance, and Adoption
2011-11-15: Student talks
2011-11-22: Student talks
2011-11-29: Student talks
2011-12-06: EAST-ADL Introduction and EAST-ADL lab
2011-12-13: EAST-ADL Variability and EAST-ADL lab
2011-12-20: EAST-ADL Recap and EAST-ADL lab
2012-01-10: EAST-ADL Requirements and EAST-ADL lab
2012-01-17: Presentations of the EAST-ADL lab results and general recap
Lecture slides are available via the OSO System and are published on Moodle.
- P. Clements, L. Northrop: “Software Product Lines: Practices and Patterns”, Addison Wesley, 2001.
- K. C. Kang, S. G. Cohen, J. A. Hess, W. E. Novak, A. S. Peterson: "Feature-Oriented Domain Analysis (FODA) Feasibility Study", CMU/SEI-90-TR-21, ESD-90-TR-222, Software Engineering Institute, 1990.
- D. Muthig, I. John, M. Anastasopoulos, T. Forster, J. Dörr, K. Schmid: "GoPhone—A Software Product Line in the Mobile Phone Domain", IESE-Report No. 025.04/E, Version 1.0, Fraunhofer, 2004.
- K. Pohl, G. Böckle, F. van der Linden: “Software Product Line Engineering: Foundations, Principles, and Techniques", Springer, 2005.
- K. Buhr, N. Heumesser, F. Houdek, H. Omasreiter, F. Rothermel, R. Tavakoli, and T. Zink: "Demonstrator: System Requirements Instrument Cluster", Appendix A to Deliverable D.5, EMPRESS, 2004.
- K. Buhr, N. Heumesser, F. Houdek, H. Omasreiter, F. Rothermel, R. Tavakoli, and T. Zink: "DaimlerChrysler Demonstrator: System Specification Instrument Cluster", Appendix B to Deliverable D.5, EMPRESS, 2003.
Student Talks Material
- FORM—Feature-Oriented Reuse Method with Domain-Specific Reference Architectures by Kang, Kim, Lee, Kim, Jounghyun Kim, and Shin.
- Deficiencies in Feature Models by von der Maaßen, Lichter.
- Cardinality-based Feature Modelling by Czarnecki and Kim.
- Staged Configuration by Czarnecki, Helsen, and Eisenecker.
- Managing Highly Complex Product Families With Multi-Level Feature Trees and Using Product Sets to Define Complex Product Decisions by Reiser and Weber.
- CVL from the MoSiS project and CVL tool (you can even consult a paper).
Oral test (50%) on 6 February 2012 and student talk, exercises, and EAST-ADL Lab (50%).